The Open-bottom big-bag features an exclusive opening system for the bottom of the big-bag. This makes unloading really easy and fast. This big-bag has two netted faces for improved drying and it is equipped with two top handles.
The open-bottom version 3 big-bag has a big capacity with dimensions of 37.8 x 37.8 inches and 63 inch height. With this capacity of 52 cu ft (1,47 m3), it will hold exactly one-cord of 16-inch firewood.
The handles are designed to resist up to 1-ton (2,200 lbs). One cord of green firewood weighs about 1,800 lbs, meaning that you can lift your big-bag by the handles with no risk even with wet wood.
The two big handles are fully protected, sitched on 15 inch on the side.
The open-bottom mechanism is made with 2 small and 1 big flap, flaps are joined in position with Velcro so there’s no need to place the first firewood by hand at the bottom. Bottom is closed with two straps with Velcro.
Two metal fasteners are provided with the bag to secure the Velcro straps when lifting a heavily loaded bag.
Video of the Open-bottom big-bag
Please note that the video features the old version of the Open-bottom big-bag. That old version had two knots securing the bottom instead of Velcro.
Advantages of our big-bags
- One bulk-filled bag = One 16-inch cord. No more stacking the wood! You can simply fill the bag, let it dry and deliver your customer.
- Less handling. The wood seasons inside the bag, you don’t have to touch it before delivery.
- Space-saver. Once filled, the big-bag is stable enough to be stacked on two levels.
- Easy unloading by putting the big-bag above the delivery point and releasing the open-bottom Velcros.
- Customer loyalty. If you deliver the full big-bag to your customer against a deposit for the value of the bag, your customer will naturally call you once he is out of firewood.
- UV-resistant. Our big-bags can be used outside for a minimum of 4 to 5 years.
- Re-usable. As long as they are not perforated, the big-bag can be used again.
- Compact. Unlike metallic or wooden crates, an empty big-bag does not take a lot of space.
You can check our tips on how to optimize your firewood logistics.
Please note that these bags contain each one facial cord. This equals to the volume of 16-inch firewood stacked on 8 feet long and 4 feet high pile. This means you have 1/3 of the “official cord”, which is made by stacking firewood 8 feet long and 4 feet wide and 4 feet high.